Aiden had his four month appointment last week. He weighed 17 pounds and 7 ounces (83rd percentile) and was 26.5 inches long (87th percentile). Again he did well will his shots and only cried for a minute.
Here's what esle Aiden's been up to ....
* He has started eating rice cereal and oatmeal and loves it! We also give him baby rice cakes to eat and he gobbles them up like a big boy.
* New discoveries = toes and ears! Aiden loves to reach down and grab his toes and try to bring them to his mouth. So far he has been unsuccessful but he'll do it before too long.
* Still loves to take a bath!
* He can almost roll over from his back to his tummy.
* Loves to be tickled and have us blow on his belly! He is laughing a lot these days!
* Last Sunday was the first time he made it all the way through Bible class without getting upset. Yay!! We're making progress. I have to say that he is getting a lot more laid back about being away from his mama.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
We had a wonderful time on out first big family vacation! At 3:30 on Friday we picked Monty up from work and headed out (after a stop at Sonic!). We drove to Conway and ate dinner at Cracker Barrel and then stopped just south of Memphis to spend the night. Aiden was so ready to be out of his car seat. He travels pretty well, but likes to have me in the back seat to entertain him.
Saturday morning we continued to Montgomery where we spent three nights with Monty's family. This was the first time his mom's parents had seen Aiden and they had such a good time with him. He also got to meet his Great Aunt Sandra and Great Aunt Linda. Monty's other set of grandparents were in town from Kentucky and they enjoyed seeing Aiden again.
On Tuesday afternoon we headed to Huntsville to spend three nights with my grandmother. The first night we were there we had dinner with my Uncle Joe, Aunt Beth, cousin Joel, and his wife Ashley. They just had a baby girl a month ago so Aiden got to meet one of his second cousins. We did our best to take pictures of Aiden and Annsley together with my grandmother, but Aiden just wanted to grab Annsley's feet and try to put them in his mouth! We'll all be together next month at my brother's wedding, so we'll try more cousin pictures then.
On Friday morning we left Huntsville and headed to St. Louis. Saturday afternoon, on our quest to see all the major league baseball stadiums, we were able to to see the Braves play the Cardinals at Busch Stadium. Braves won 7 to 6! Yeah! So now that's four ball parks down and about 26 to go! Aiden fell asleep before the game started and slept peacefully until about the 2nd inning when the crowd cheered a little too enthusiastically for his liking. He was so scared and stared screaming. He calmed down fairly quickly and was pretty good until the 5th inning. Then he and I got up and walked around. He fell asleep while we were walking so we just stood up and watched the game. No use tempting fate again by sitting back down! We also went to the Arch again and walked around downtown before the game started. A great day, but we were all exhausted!!Sunday morning we left and were back at home in time for church Sunday night. I love vacations, but I miss going to church in Bentonville while we're gone. It was so great to be back home and get to visit with friends.
*** Monty is working on getting the pics from the trip uploaded to our Flickr site.